Billee Howard [ENCORE]
Episode 334: Why storytelling is a business competency, with Billee Howard.
Billee Howard is the Founder & CEO of Brandthropologie, an artist collective that helps place brands at the epicenter of culture and commerce. Billee is also the author of “We-Commerce” a book designed to help companies and leaders embrace the principles of the collaborative economy in ways that improve their bottom line.
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
What do you do in the first 60 minutes of your day?
Billee begins her day by looking at what’s going on in the world — spot trends and apply them into your business. ONWARD!
Favorite quote or lesson?
“If you’re not the lead dog, the view never changes.”
How do you define success?
Success is really knowing that you’ve pushed yourself to be the best you can be at any moment.
What strategy do you use to combat fear?
Billee looks at others and says “if they can do it — I can do it” — and Billee tells the reasons why here.
What makes as “A player” an “A player”?
An “A player” is someone who can constantly evolve and find new and exciting ways to develop their own skills.
Final Round – “Breaking Down the Recipe for Success”
How can we become better mentors?
- Don’t try to make your mentees a carbon of you
- Allow yourself to be mentored by people you wouldn’t think of as mentors
How can we build an audience?
- Build a collaborative culture inside your organization
- Understand how you are going to meet the needs of consumers
- Put communications at the beginning of a supply chain of invention instead of at the end
How can business owners reach that elusive next level?
- Look at how you can change up your routine and shed what’s holding you back
- Take yourself out of your comfort zone and look at how to expand your offering
- Embrace failure as a tool to drive yourself towards new success
How best to connect with Billee:
- Website: www.brandthropoloie.com
- Email: [email protected]
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/billeehoward
- Twitter: @Mashuptweet