Jody Steinhauer [ENCORE]
Episode 364: Go ugly early, with Jody Steinhauer.
As President and CBO (Chief Bargain Officer) of the Bargains Group, Jody has mobilized her award-winning discount wholesale and promotional products company to revolutionize the business landscape.
A winner of the Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Canada’s Top 40 Under 40, and a PROFIT W100 Recipient, Jody Steinhauer uses her network of resources and leveraged buying power to aid every company and not-for-profit agency that she touches to maximize their buying dollar. Since 1988, Jody has grown Bargains Group from her apartment to a multi-million-dollar-a-year business. Jody is also an official Huffington Post blogger.
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
What do you do in the first 60 minutes of your day?
Jody sets two alarms so she wakes up in time, visualizes her day while in bed, listens to the news, goes into her personal email, drops off her kids at school, and then jumps into a conference call in the car. ONWARD!
Favorite quote or lesson?
Be comfortable in your own skin.
How do you define success?
Success is different in every area of your life — and you need to reevaluate it regularly.
What makes as “A player” an “A player”?
An “A player” is someone who fits your culture.
Final Round – “Breaking Down the Recipe for Success”
How can we become better mentors?
- Show your employees that you’re there for them
- Teach your employees how to mentor others
- Go out into the community and share your beliefs and volunteer
- Recognize negative mentors and learn how not to act as a leader
How can business owners reach that elusive next level?
- Take a look at yourself and your company and where you’re head and shoulders above your competitors
- Figure out where you can enter into mutually beneficial partnerships
How best to connect with Jody: